Biopod Wolle Goas Comfort
A chameleon with wool in it for natural air conditioning. For comfort campers: warm blanket and sleeping bag in one!
Thanks to its rectangular form, this lightweight sleeping bag can also used as a blanket. Its high quality 2-layer filling does not only provide very good insulation, the wool in it also functions like a natural air-conditioning system.
Due to its breathable wool filling, the Biopod Wolle Goas Comfort can store an enormous amount of air and provides humidity control: it has a cooling effect when it is warm and a warming effect when temperatures are cooler. Another layer of synth down transfers humidity to the wool, so that there always is a dry feeling inside the sleeping bag.
The highly breathable outer material of the Biopod Wolle Goas Comfort is water-repellent, dries very fast and does not rustle. On the inside, there is highly breathable micro fibre which is soft and agreeable to the skin. A retaining strap prevents any pinching when opening or closing the zipper. In addition, the zipper can be opened at the bottom, which improves air circulation.
How Almwolle works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation. The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover. The processed Almwolle used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special Almwolle, can be shorn annually.
Range of use:
The ideal companion for summer, spring and autumn. Whether in the tent, the Alpine lodge or in the camper.
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Pillow pocket: Put a piece of clothing, e.g. a fleece jacket, into the pillow pocket to create a pillow that stays in place.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Connectable: The sleeping bag can be connected with a model from the same product line that has a zip on the other side to form a double sleeping bag.
- Convertible into a blanket: can also be used as a blanket
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation Bionic Finish Eco
- Outer material: Breathable, rustle-free, waterrepellent 40D/290T nylon mini rip stop (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Soft, highly breathable 50D/320T (100% polyester)
- Good skin compatibilitiy: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: 1st layer 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA)* 60g / m², 2nd layer synth down 100% polyester 100g / m²
- Size: 225 x 80 cm (for body heights 160 – 191 cm)
- Weight: approx. 1.300g + stuff sack
- Pack size: Ø 19 x 34 cm, compr. Ø 21 x 22 cm
- Pack volume: 9,5 litres, compressed 7,5 litres
- Material: Outside: 100% polyamide, Inside: 100% polyester, Filling: 1st layer: 85% wool / 15% polylactide, 2nd layer: 100% polyester
- Temperature EN 13537: TKomfort: 8°C / TLimit: 4°C / TExtrem: -10°C ++ TKomfort: 46°F / TLimit: 39°F / TExtrem: 14°F
The Biopod Wolle Goas Comfort can easily be washed in the washing machine on the wool cycle ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, compression sack, storage bag, full washing and care instructions
When you unpack the wool sleeping bag for the first time, it takes some time for it to become fluffy. The best result can be achieved by occasionally shaking it up and taking your time. (Insider tip: If you iron the sleeping bag loosely with a steam iron and silk setting before using it for the first time, the wool will heat up faster and can also regulate the climate better.)