- * including VAT plus shipping
- ** Delivery time: 2-5 business days
- *** transportation costs
Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme 180
The Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme has been developed for use in conditions well below zero.
The finest goose down (90/10, 800+ cuin, RDS certified) is used to insulate the Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme. The innovative V-shaped chamber system is supported by box chambers which are packed to an even higher density at points where your body is most sensitive. On top of this, additional side chambers provide for well-balanced insulation.
An additional layer of insulation is provided by a layer of pure AlmWolle by lavalan®. This makes the sleeping bag unique.
AlmWolle by lavalan® not only provides additional insulation, it can also absorb up to 30% of its own weight in water without feeling damp. This prevents condensation from forming on the inner side of the outer shell.
The wool thereby protects the down from any incidental moisture, as only dry, fluffy down provides optimum insulation!
The combination of these two insulating materials, down and wool, creates a warm, dry sleeping climate, which is the most important precondition for good, restful sleep.
A sleeping bag simply stores the warmth generated by the person using it. Often, however, people are not really able to warm up their sleeping bags due to exhaustion or illness. This is why a heating element has been integrated into the Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme. This can be powered using a commercially available power bank. After 15 minutes or so, the sleeping bag will be wonderfully warm and ready for the night. The most important precondition for relaxed, restful sleep. Naturally, the heating element is quickly and easily removed. This allows 50 grams of weight to be saved.
The materials used are made from recycled, highly breathable and robust nylon. If needed, the sleeping bag can be refilled with down by our service partners. This guarantees the long life of the sleeping bag.
Grüezi bag takes responsibility for the geese and sheep which produce the insulation materials. For this reason, only wool from the Alpine region and RDS-certified down is used.
Models 190 and 200 of the Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme have been cut with extra width. This has the advantage that the filling is then less compressed, resulting in better insulative properties.
The ideal companion for cold winter nights in a tent. It is also perfect for those who get cold easily at night.
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Face baffle: forms a softer transition of insulation to the face and prevents loss of heat.
- Draft collar: fits snugly around the neck and prevents heat escaping
- Drawstring pocket: So that the drawstring on the draught collar does not cause any annoyance, a simple drawstring pocket ensures that it is safely stowed away.
- External pocket: for valuables and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Chamber construction: Box chamber construction, H-chambers, on the upper side also in V-shape, special side chambers
- Integrated heating element in the foot area: The removable heating element can be powered by means of a commercially available USB power bank.
- Inner pocket: with a USB connection for a power bank
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water-repellent: We use the environmentally-friendly German BIONIC-FINISH® ECO impregnation system with ®RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
- Outer material: Recycled, breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Recycled, breathable nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Filling: 850 g goose down (90/10, 800+ cuin), Upper side: AlmWolle by lavalan®: 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA), 60g / m²,
- RDS Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 203 x 82 x 52 cm (for body heights up to 180 cm)
- Weight: approx. 1.450g + stuff sack + heating element
- Weight of removable heating element: approx. 50 g
- Pack size: Ø 21 x 39 cm, compressed Ø 21 x 31 cm
- Pack volume: 13,5 litres, compressed 11 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 70% down / 30% wool, Upper side additional with 85% wool / 15% polylactide - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature EN 23537-1: T Komfort: -8°C / T Limit: -15°C / T Extrem: -37°C ++ T Komfort: 18°F / T Limit: 5°F / T Extrem: -35°F
The Biopod Down Hybrid Ice Extreme can be washed in your washing machine ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, removable heating element in the foot area with easily accessible USB connection in the inner pocket, compression stuff sack, storage bag, full washing and care instructions. A power bank is NOT included.
OutDoor by ISPO: Outstanding Outdoor - Winner 2019
Wool in a sleeping lab: