Available in May 2021
Biopod Wolle Survival XXL Wide
The perfect, extra wide sleeping bag for all those who enjoy sleeping out close to nature and want to brave all adversities!!
The Biopod Wolle Survival XXL Wide is moisture resistant and can therefore be used just about anywhere. The wool filling acts like a natural air conditioning system and thus ensures an excellent sleeping climate. The reinforced outer shell protects against dirt and moisture. The practical, innovative foot ventilation system allows you to stick your feet out of the sleeping bag without them having to lie on dirty ground. Another small but clever detail is the integrated pillow pocket. Just insert a fleece jacket and you have a secure, non-shifting pillow.
The premium benefits of the Biopod Wolle Survival XXL Wide:
The integrated 3D-mosquito net puts pay to being disturbed by the troublesome insects: The net is spanned over your head by means of two small rounded arch poles and thus offers you perfect protection from these little, uninvited guests. The net can be stored in the practical pocket on the pack sack.
The Survival’s outer shell is particularly robust and resilient and is also equipped with rubber grips on the underside. This prevents the annoying habit of the sleeping bag slipping off the thermal mat, even on uneven ground.
The comfort temperature range for a sleeping bag with AlmWolle by lavalan®, i.e. the temperature range within which you do not feel the cold but, on the other hand, do not sweat, is enormous. Wool also has antibacterial properties and is a renewable and biodegradable resource. The AlmWolle by lavalan® for the Grüezi bag comes solely from sheep living in the Alps region.
The Biopod Wolle Survival XXL Wide has a long and wide cut. The sleeping bag packs up light and small. The perfect companion for your next adventure.
How AlmWolle by lavalan® works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation. The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover.
The processed AlmWolle by lavalan® used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special AlmWolle by lavalan®, can be shorn annually.
The ideal sleeping bag for nature lovers who enjoy sleeping out by the lake or riverside without a tent on humid nights.
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Face baffle: forms a softer transition of insulation to the face and prevents loss of heat.
- Detachable mosquito net: with rounded arch poles to support the net away from the face
- Draft collar: fits snugly around the neck and prevents heat escaping
- Drawstring pocket: So that the drawstring on the draught collar does not cause any annoyance, a simple drawstring pocket ensures that it is safely stowed away.
- Pillow pocket: Put a piece of clothing, e.g. a fleece jacket, into the pillow pocket to create a pillow that stays in place.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- Feater loops (built-in for Feater - The Feet Heater): the waist-high bag with electrical heating can be added to the sleeping bag
- Specially robust outer shell: ensures the durability of the sleeping bag, even in harsher climes
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation Bionic Finish Eco
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Non-slip grips: The rubber grips on the underside prevents slipping off the thermal mat when lying on uneven ground.
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 40 denier nylon mini rip stop (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Breathable 50D/320T polyester, pleasant to the skin
- Good skin compatibilitiy: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: Upper side: 1st layer: AlmWolle by lavalan®: 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA), 60g / m², 2nd layer: Synthdown 100% polyester 150g / m², Bottom side: Synthdown 100% polyester 170g / m²
- Size: 235 x 95 x 60 cm (for body heights up to 205 cm)
- Weight: approx. 1.950g + pack sack + mosquito net
- Pack size: Ø 23 x 40 cm, compressed Ø 23 x 33 cm
- Pack volume: 17 litres, compressed 14 litres
- Material: Outside: 100% polyamide, Inside: 100% polyester, Filling: Upper side: 1st layer: 85% wool / 15% polylactide, 2nd layer: 100% polyester, Bottom side: 100% polyester
- Temperature EN 23537-1: TKomfort: 4°C / TLimit: -1°C / TExtrem: -17°C ++ TKomfort: 39°F / TLimit: 30°F / TExtrem: -1°F
The Biopod Wolle Survival XXL Wide can be washed in your washing machine ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
sleeping bag, detachable 3D mosquito net, compression sack with a pocket for the mosquito net, storage bag, full washing and care instructions
When you unpack the wool sleeping bag for the first time, it takes some time for it to become fluffy. The best result can be achieved by occasionally shaking it up and taking your time. (Insider tip: If you iron the sleeping bag loosely with a steam iron and silk setting before using it for the first time, the wool will heat up faster and can also regulate the climate better.)
Wool in a sleeping lab: