Available in May 2021
Biopod Wolle Almhütte Youth
Sleeping bags are now compulsory in the huts. The Biopod Wolle Almhütte Youth is the optimal children and teens’ sleeping bag for the hut.
It is light, small to pack and has an excellent sleeping climate thanks to its AlmWolle by lavalan® filling. AlmWolle by lavalan® has many advantages. It acts like a natural air conditioner, is antibacterial and insensitive to moisture. The Biopod Wolle Almhütte Youth can be opened completely and used as a blanket. The headboard is opened at the back, where a pillow can be inserted hygienically. Practical gimmick: there is an earplug pocket on the inside.
The Biopod Wolle Almhütte Youth can also be pimped with the Grüezi bag Schlafsackwarmer for cooler tours. This makes the sleeping bag versatile.
How AlmWolle by lavalan® works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation. The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover.
The processed Almwolle by lavalan® used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special AlmWolle by lavalan®, can be shorn annually.
Range of use:
The ideal companion for the Alpine lodge or for travelling.
- Pillow pocket: Pillow pocket on the backside
- Inner pocket: for valuable items and ear plugs
- Zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- Zip retainer tape: : to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck
- Convertible into a blanket: can also be used as a blanket
- PFC freei: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation Bionic Finish Eco
- Outer material: Breathable, rustle-free, waterrepellent soft polyester (100% polyester)
- Inner material: Soft, highly breathable 20D Polyester (100% polyester)
- Good skin compatibility: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: Upper side: AlmWolle by lavalan®: 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA) 60g / lower side: synth down 100% polyester 60g / m²
- Size: 190 x 70 cm (for body heights up to 170 cm)
- Weight: approx. 450g + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 13 x 24 cm, compr. Ø 13 x 20 cm
- Pack volume: 3,2 litres, compressed 2,7 litres
- Material: 100% polyester, Filling: Upper side: 85% wool / 15% polylactide, lower side: 100% polyester
- Temperatur EN 23537: According to EN 23537 standard, exact temperature ratings for children's sleeping bags are not valid.
The Biopod Wolle Almhütte Youth can easily be washed in the washing machine on the wool cycle.
Scope of delivery:
sleeping bag, transport sack, full washing and care instructions
Wool in a sleeping lab:
Wool movie with english subtitles
Please select English subtitles on Youtube.