- * including VAT plus shipping
- ** Delivery time: 2-5 business days
- *** transportation costs
Biopod Hybrid Wool/Down
Nature’s know-how for a comfortable climate and restorable sleep! Innovation: Down without any chambers or seams.
The Biopod Hybrid Wool/Down is the result of decades of experience. What is particularly important for us is the climate. Only if you sleep well, you will be fit and rested the next morning. Here the natural air-conditioning effect of wool comes into play. In addition to providing insulation with wool, we have used infrared cameras to find out which parts of the body need more insulation. In these areas we have applied the newly developed solid down. Down often does not stay in one part of the sleeping bag, so that thermal bridges can be created by shifting. With solid down the down, similar to a fleece, is always kept fixed in one place – without any chambers or seams! To keep the body warm in an optimal way without the risk of heat accumulation, solid down was only applied in some parts. In the other areas, wool and microfibre are used. On the bottom side, where there is the whole weight of the sleeper, the microfibre has the function of providing support and drying quickly. By applying the materials exactly in the places where they are needed, an ideal climate with excellent insulation is created.
Of course we have also worked on the cut of the sleeping bag. By the new position of the zipper ventilation has been substantially improved and getting into the sleeping bag made much easier. The pillow pocket is another very convenient feature: just put a jacket in and you have a pillow.
Biopod Hybrid Wool/Down – inspired by nature: The ideal companion for trekking, bike trips and hiking!
How Almwolle works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation. The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover. The processed Almwolle used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special Almwolle, can be shorn annually.
Range of use:
The ideal companion for temperatures around zero in the tent or under the open sky.
- Usage of down without seams or chambers
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Face baffle: forms a softer transition of insulation to the face and prevents loss of heat.
- Pillow pocket: Put a piece of clothing, e.g. a fleece jacket, into the pillow pocket to create a pillow that stays in place.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- Feater loops (built-in for Feater - The Feet Heater): the waist-high bag with electrical heating can be added to the sleeping bag
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation Bionic Finish Eco
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 40 denier nylon mini rip stop
- Inner material: Breathable 20D 380T nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Filling: 1st layer: 85% pure new wool, corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA) 60g / m² - 2nd layer: synth down 100% polyester 100g / m² - 3rd layer: partially: white duck down 90/10%, 750 cuin
- Size: 215 x 78 x 50 cm (for body heights 160 cm - 185 cm)
- Weight: approx. 1.200g + stuff sack
- Pack size: Ø 20 x 35 cm, compr. size Ø 22 x 24 cm
- Pack volume: 11 litres, compressed volume 9 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 1st layer: 85% wool /15% polylactide, 2nd layer: 100% polyester, 3rd layer:100% down - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature EN 13537: TKomfort: 2°C / TLimit: -3°C / TExtrem: -20°C ++ TKomfort: 35°F / TLimit: 26°F / TExtrem: -4°F
The Biopod Hybrid Wool/Down can easily be washed in the washing machine on the wool cycle (Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, transport sack, full washing and care instructions
Editors Choice Winner 2017
European Product Design Award 2017
When you unpack the wool sleeping bag for the first time, it takes some time for it to become fluffy. The best result can be achieved by occasionally shaking it up and taking your time. (Insider tip: If you iron the sleeping bag loosely with a steam iron and silk setting before using it for the first time, the wool will heat up faster and can also regulate the climate better.)
Wool in a sleeping lab: