Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller
High-quality outdoor children’s sleeping bag which grows with your child and AlmWolle by lavalan® filling for spring, summer and autumn.
Children, too, need good climate and good sleep. Every part of the Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller ist tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. The rustle-free highly breathable outer material and the warm 2-layer construction of the filling guarantees undisturbed sleep.
The Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller consists of a breathable ARL Air-Fiber-3D fibre which can store an enormous amount of air and a second layer of AlmWolle by lavalan® which creates an ideal sleeping climate. Wool functions like a natural air-conditioning system. As children get cold easily when sleeping, the additional second layer provides extra warmth. The soft inner material makes the Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller particularly cosy. The sleeping bag can be washed easily in the washing machine on the wool cycle.
The Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller is a clever alternative – it grows with your child, is warm, soft and cosy and has an excellent climate, and with its funny design even little campers like to go to bed!
Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller – the ideal companion for children for tenting, camping or at home!
How AlmWolle by lavalan® works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation. The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover.
The processed AlmWolle by lavalan® used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special AlmWolle by lavalan®, can be shorn annually.
Range of use:
The ideal companion the Alpine lodge, the tent, in the camper or for staying with friends
- Grows with the child: accommodates heights from 100 to 165 cm
- Rustle-free material: to let you sleep without being disturbed
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: We use the environmentally-friendly German BIONIC-FINISH® ECO impregnation system with ®RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
- Outer material: Breathable, water-repellent soft polyester 40D 300T (100% polyester)
- Inner material: Soft feel-silk micro fibre (100% polyester)
- Good skin compatibilitiy: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: 1st layer: 85% pure new wool, corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA) 60g / m², 2nd layer: 150g / m² ARL Air-Fiber-3D hollow fibre
- Body heights: 100 – 165 cm (adjustable)
- Size: 140 – 184 x 65 x 45 cm
- Pack sack: Easypacksack (big pack sack for easy packing which can be reduced to a small pack size for transport)
- Pack size: Ø 18 x 31 cm, compressed size Ø 19 x 20 cm
- Pack volume: 8 litres, compressed volume 6 litres
- Weight: Approx. 1.000g + pack sack
- Material: 100% polyester, Filling: 1st layer: 85% wool / 15% polylactide, 2nd layer: 100% polyester
- Temperature EN 23537-1: According to the EN 23537 standard, exact temperature ratings for children’s sleeping bags are not valid.
Two layers: AlmWolle by lavalan® and Synthdown
The Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller can easily be washed in the washing machine ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, compression sack, full washing and care instructions
When you unpack the wool sleeping bag for the first time, it takes some time for it to become fluffy. The best result can be achieved by occasionally shaking it up and taking your time. (Insider tip: If you iron the sleeping bag loosely with a steam iron and silk setting before using it for the first time, the wool will heat up faster and can also regulate the climate better.)
Wool in a sleeping lab:
The Biopod Wolle Kids World Traveller is also avialable in the color Holly Green!