Biopod DownWool Summer Comfort
High quality summer blanket sleeping bag
The Biopod DownWool Summer Comfort is the ideal sleeping bag for the most beautiful vacation time from late spring to early autumn and offers an excellent ratio of insulation to weight and pack size.
Due to its rectangular shape, the sleeping bag can be opened to form a large blanket. The pillow compartment is also very practical - for example, simply insert a fleece jacket and you have a non-slip pillow.
The innovative DownWool filling, a mixture of comfortably insulating down feather and wool that acts like a natural air conditioning system, creates an excellent sleeping environment. The wool also makes the sleeping bag less sensitive to moisture than pure down feather.
How DownWool works
DownWool is a natural high-end insulation made of 70% down feather and 30% wool from the Alpine region. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down feather. The 30% wool content absorbs the moisture and thus keeps the down feather naturally drier. No freezing and no sweating, regardless of whether it is dry and cold or wet and cold.
Down feather has a very high insulation performance with a low weight. For this reason, down feather is used as a filling material for high-quality sleeping bags and jackets. However, down feather only insulates as long as it is dry. With increasing moisture, the fine branches of the down collapse, which significantly reduces the insulating effect of the down.
That is why the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is unnecessary due to the addition of wool.
Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, the wool is very temperature-regulating and naturally creates a cozy and pleasant microclimate.
The ideal companion for summer trekking and bike tours as well as camping and caravanning, in huts or on the Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James).
- Adjustable hood with face baffle: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Pillow pocket: Put a piece of clothing, e.g. a fleece jacket, into the pillow pocket to create a pillow that stays in place.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Separate zipper in the foot area: for better ventilation
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Chamber construction: H-chambers, on the upper side also in V-shape
- Connectable: The sleeping bag can be connected with a model from the same product line that has a zip on the other side to form a double sleeping bag.
- Convertible into a blanket: can also be used as a blanket
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation BIONIC-FINISH® ECO
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Breathable nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743). Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Filling: 353g DownWool of 70% duck down (90/10, 650+ cuin) and 30% wool
- Size: 225 x 80 cm (for body heights up to 193 cm)
- Weight: approx. 950g + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 17 x 31 cm, compressed Ø 19 x 19 cm
- Pack volume: 7 litres, compressed 5,5 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature EN 23537-1: TKomfort: 8°C / TLimit: 4°C / TExtrem: -10°C ++ TKomfort: 46°F / TLimit: 39°F / TExtrem: 14°F (more information)
The Biopod DownWool Summer Comfort can be washed in your washing machine ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, compression sack, storage bag, full washing and care instructions
Wool in a sleeping lab:
The Biopod DownWool sleeping bags of Grüezi bag at a glance:
|T Comf||T Lim||Weight||up to body height|
|Biopod DownWool Extreme Light 175||12°C||8°C||450g||175 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Extreme Light 185||12°C||8°C||500g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Extreme Light 200||12°C||8°C||600g||200 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Summer Comfort||8°C||4°C||950g||193 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Summer 175||8°C||3°C||750g||175 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Summer 185||8°C||3°C||850g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Summer 200||8°C||3°C||1.000g||200 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Subzero Comfort||4°C||-1°C||1.320g||193 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Subzero 175||2°C||-4°C||900g||175 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Subzero 185||2°C||-4°C||1.050g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Subzero 200||2°C||-4°C||1.250g||200 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Ice 175||-1°C||-8°C||1.200g||175 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Ice 185||-1°C||-8°C||1.400g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Ice 200||-1°C||-8°C||1.600g||200 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Ice CompostAble||-1°C||-8°C||1.600g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Nature||6°C||1°C||1.650g||185 cm|
|Biopod DownWool Nature Comfort||6°C||1°C||1.950g||185 cm|
|Feater - The Feet Heater DownWool||NA||NA||660g||200 cm|
|Biopod DownWool KidsTeen||NA||NA||780g||170 cm|