Biopod Wolle Plus
High-quality light-weight sleeping bag with wool filling for an optimal sleeping climate in hot summer nights and in warm spring and fall nights.
The Biopod Wolle Plus combines the benefits of down and synthetic fibre. Excellent climate, good insulation, insensitive to moisture – and it is super light and has a small pack size. Due to its breathable wool filling the Biopod Wool Plus can store an enormous amount of air, which has a cooling effect in hot temperatures and a warming effect in cool temperatures. The new high-quality filling provides similar insulation to down, but it is not as sensitive to moisture and provides insulation even if it is damp. In addition, wool has the advantage of having an antibacterial effect, of being very elastic and durable and of keeping its shape.
Plenty of features have been added: due to the new position of the zipper, you can easily stick your feet out of the sleeping bag at the bottom, and when it gets cold, you have a closed foot box. There also is a new pillow pocket. You just put a fleece jacket into it and you have a comfortable pillow.
How AlmWolle by lavalan® works
Our body requires a lot of energy to regulate its temperature. Sheep’s wool offsets the climate and therefore partly takes care of temperature regulation.
The remaining energy can be used to help the body recover. The processed AlmWolle by lavalan® used in Biopod sleeping bags acts as a natural air conditioning system: the body is constantly emitting moisture. However, when it gets too humid in the sleeping bag, the body gets very cold and it is no longer possible to sleep well. Wool absorbs the moisture and releases it outwards. It does so in small amounts to prevent evaporative cooling. This regulates the temperature in the sleeping bag, retaining heat or cooling, to create comfortable conditions for a restful sleep. Wool also provides warmth in damp conditions.
Grüezi bag uses wool from sheep in the Alps as the filling for its product line, Biopod.
Durable, natural, bio-degradable and renewable: Sheep’s wool, in this case special AlmWolle by lavalan®, can be shorn annually.
Range of use:
The ideal companion for summer. Whether in the tent, the Alpine lodge or in the camper.
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Pillow pocket: Put a piece of clothing, e.g. a fleece jacket, into the pillow pocket to create a pillow that stays in place.
- Inner and external pockets: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- Feater loops (built-in for Feater - The Feet Heater): the waist-high bag with electrical heating can be added to the sleeping bag
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: due to the use of the durable german impregnation BIONIC-FINISH® ECO
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 40 denier nylon mini rip stop (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Breathable and skin friendly light 50D 320 T (100% polyester)
- Good skin compatibilitiy: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: AlmWolle by lavalan® made of 85% pure new wool (VW), corn starch 15% Ingeo™ (PLA)
- Density of filling: 60g / m²
- Size: 215 x 78 x 50 cm (for body heights up to 185 cm)
- Weight: approx. 690g + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 16 x 25 cm, compr. Ø 17 x 17 cm
- Pack volume: 5 litres, compressed 3,8 litres
- Material: Outside 100% polyamide, Inside 100% polyester, Filling: 85% wool / 15% polylactide
- Temperature EN 13537: TKomfort: 14°C / TLimit: 10°C / TExtrem: 0°C
TKomfort: 57°F / TLimit: 50°F / TExtrem: 32°F
The Biopod Wolle Plus can easily be washed in the washing machine on the wool cycle ( Washing instructions).
Scope of delivery:
Sleeping bag, transport sack, storage bag, full washing and care instructions
When you unpack the wool sleeping bag for the first time, it takes some time for it to become fluffy. The best result can be achieved by occasionally shaking it up and taking your time. (Insider tip: If you iron the sleeping bag loosely with a steam iron and silk setting before using it for the first time, the wool will heat up faster and can also regulate the climate better.)
Wool in a sleeping lab:
Wool movie with english subtitles
Please select English subtitles on Youtube.